Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Teach me to number my days

Last night on our way home we passed by Jones Bridge and there were people gathered at the bridge. There apparently was an accident. There was a man lying on the road. i'm not sure if he fell of his motorcycle or somebody hit him. But I was wondering if he was still ok. But the people just gathered around him. Hope he's ok.

I was wondering if that guy when he woke up that morning, was he prepared if he knew this was going to happen to him that night. Maybe riding on his motorcylce he was still thinking of what he was going to do later or tommorow. Planning his next steps. You got to be ready.

A friend told me that the other day she was walking and she saw a dead person on the street. She thinks that the person committed suicide by jumping off the building. And the VT massacre. Man lots of people are dying.

Lord thank you for giving me another new day. teach me to number my days. I commit my days to you.


/****/


Almost finished watching "Princess hours" Dont really like the ending. But enough Korean soap operas its addicting. Tip when you want to start watching a soap opera ask how long the series is before starting because its goign to eat your time.

/****/

its really HOT !!!!

/****/

I was reading this article on yahoo.

I can agree that people who help are more satisfied. But I guess the attitude would change even your the garbage man or waiter your goal in life is to please and honor God in your work.

I feel really good helping out at Guitar class. Seeing people play guitar makes me want to pick mine up and play again.

I kinda envy them (the students) becasue before when i started to learn i was kinda on my own. So its great that while they are still young someone is guiding them already. I still got lots of things to learn good thing my mom taught me some music theory.

/****/

As for Bible study well i finished Obadiah and now i'm preparing Lesson 3 of Discipling others to love Jesus. They say that you learn more from teaching. I definetly agree with that. This lesson is definetly good timing for me.

/****/

I'm reading this book and it says that when you are selling something and they don't want to buy it dont take it personally. They are not rejecting you they are rejecting the product. So my question is, what if your selling yourself?

that kinda sucks.

1 comment:

Byron Lim said...

Hi ahia elliott! I'm also a reader here so you have two readers now. Well, it has been a long time since i posted a comment so I go. 1) Yes there are many things happening in this world that leaves me devastated, frustrated and downhearted. But God uses these things to bring us back to God. Then we are reminded once again of why evangelism should be a primary focus of the church not only ministering in our own comfort zone. 2) Hehe. you are right. It's been a while since my last korean soap viewing. Be also picky as to what to view. 3)REALLY HOT! Sometimes, I get dizzy all of a sudden by just going out of the rrom and into my air-conditioned cubicle. 4)Can we start over again the book/Bible reading. Since I've lost my copy and you did also, can we like read something else?


 

Free Blog Counter