Monday, June 11, 2007

Lamentations

You know how sometimes God is leading you somewhere. I originally planned to do something else but well the plans one by one got cancelled last minute. So I told myself ok I'm free so what should I do? I've been planning to go visit telling myself maybe next month when i'm free but since i'll be free now why dont i just do it. So I did. But a thought occured to me I might not make it on time cuz I'll be having a late nighter. So ok i told myself If I wake up on time I'll go but if I wake up late then I won't.

Well God definetly wanted to me to be there.
1.) Around 4:30am I woke up from a dream (think it had something to do with basketball). Then went back to sleep
2.) woke up around 6am cuz of power outage. Then back to sleep again.
3.) woke up around 6:30am cuz our neighbor kept on pressing his horn. Finally couldn't get back to sleep.
As I lay lying there I told myself ok God I think you want me to go. So I got up, prepared and went.

I couldn't believe it God was definitely talking to me. The sermon was on the book of Lamentations. I was doing a Bible Study on Lamentations myself and couldn't get it. I didn't know that Lamentations was an acrostic poem, where each verse is represented by an alphabet, the Herbew alphabet has only 22 letters so there are 22 verses oer chapter.

I could relate to the writer Jeremiah. He was sad and depressed as he wrote Lamentations.

Some of the things that I learned:
- God is faithful 100%
- Hope in Him
- Wait on Him
- Don't Complain
- Our happiness should not be based on our circumstances, but based on God's Faithfulness

No comments:


 

Free Blog Counter