Thursday, May 17, 2007

What to introduce you to...

Hey I'd like to introduce you guys to someone. Actually its an "it". I got a new guitar :)I've been planning to buy a guitar for sometime now. I got an Lele Lumanog Acoustic guitar with a help from a friend. Still trying to get use to it cuz the fret board is narrower and its metal stringed.



If your going to go to Sta Mesa or quiapo to buy a guitar dont expect all of the guitars to be good cuz its mass produced. If you go and buy a Yamaha, yeah there is a big possibility that guitar has a good quality sound but the price difference is big. more than 5x the difference. Here are some tips that I picked up when choosing for a guitar
1.) Don't choose a guitar bec it looks good. You have to listen to it first. I think we went to more than 5 stores at Sta. Mesa before we picked a guitar that has the right notes. Actually i was going to give up na but the last store we went to had the right sound

2.) things to listen to:
Play an open chord and bar chord. Try to see if you can see a difference
Play a bar chord and see if you can hear "sabit" like zzz sound at the end
compare if the upper 3 strings and the lower 3 strings have the same sound
try to listen one fret against the other. sometimes some of the frets are not evenly spaced out
When playing if the strings are too hard to pressed the bridge might be too high.

3.) But the special one with trust rod (metal inside the fret) Cuz its metal string its going to bend the fret board after sometime.
Its going to be hard to find a metal string guitar compared to a Nylon sting that has the right sound.

4.) Most importantly bring a friend who has a good ear. My thanks to Noel hya for helping pick one out.

/****/

Lord when I fall down your there to pick me up. Thank you God.

Take Me Back
jeremy camp

The reason why I stand
The answer lies in you
You hung to make me strong
Tho my praise was few
When I fall I bring your name down

But I have found in you
A heart that bleeds
Forgiveness replacing all these thoughts of painful memories
And I know your response will always be

Chorus:
I'll take you back always
Even when your fight is over now
I'll take you back
Even when the pain is coming through
I'll take you back

1 comment:

Byron Lim said...

Hehe. So finally, a new guitar. Hope you can still play for this friday night. I am curious though about the Jeremy Camp song. Do you have an mp3 copy? Thanks Ü


 

Free Blog Counter