Wednesday, November 23, 2011

O failures, O failures...

I woke up in the middle of the night and had this poetic streak. A friend told me to just start writing when i have the thought I might forget it in the morning. So I started to write this out...

O failures, O failures why do I think of thee
Thou makest me sad, thou makest me lack sleep
O failures, O failures what was I thinking?
They are shameful, they make me sick.
My God is not proud, my God I need forgiveness
If I could go back and make it right.
If I could go back and change what I've done.
O failures, O failures I know now why
It is a teacher to make me wise
It is a teacher to make me meek
Now give me strength to move on
Now give me wisdom to do what is right

I've been bothered lately by my mistakes and failures in the past. I prayed to God to help me deal with them.

The next morning I woke and talked to God and its going to be a different day today. Had this LSS: O Happy day by Tim Hughes. So I started work at 8am. One by one it did not start out the way I wanted it. I looked at my watch and by 930am I've realized that I've made 6 mistake already. Oh man my day was not going the way I wanted. What was going on? Happy day?! this is not a Happy day!

Then I realized God was teaching me something. I got these mistakes now what am i going to do about it?
1.)I can dwell on those mistakes all day and have a crappy day!
2.)Admit my mistakes and start to do something about it.

So I started to do #2. Tried to fix it one by one and by the end of the day everything went well :)

Had this thought: Abraham, Moses, Elijah, David, Paul... all these godly men made lots of mistakes in their past, I wonder if they ever thought about their mistakes how they dealt with them?

Romans 8:1, "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus..."

Have a Happy day!

No comments:


 

Free Blog Counter