Saturday, September 26, 2009

Pistis

Pistis the Greek work for faith. You know I thought I knew a lot about faith. Boy was i so wrong. After all these years of following Christ, He is still teaching me about faith. Everytime I am asked the definition of faith Heb 11 comes to mind.

As i was studying the book of Mark, something struck me. The Bible records alot of times when Jesus uses miracles to heal people. What if someone was sick, he has faith but he didn't get healed. Does that mean the Jesus is not faithful? Or is Jesus power dependent on our faith? or is it the level of our faith is dependent on the miracle? Or is it dependent on the level of understanding of faith?

As I read the book of Mark, it stuck me why Jesus didn't want to perform miracles? I mean he did perform it but he didn't want a lot of people to know about it. If I were in advertising I'd highlight the miracles so that people will know who Jesus is. His Power. So back to my question is faith = healing?

If God is just limited to our faith to heal then he is not God at all. He has every sovereign right to do whatever He pleases.

I think we shoudl first ask the question is where is our faith rested upon? Is it on the miracle? the answer? Is it in the blessing? Or is it upon Jesus?

I realized that after following Christ for awhile, God doesn't give all our request to us. Don't get me wrong. When I was a young believer it seems that every prayer is met by an automatic answer. But now it seems that when i pray it takes awhile for it to happen. God is teaching me a lot about perseverance in prayer. He is testing me where I put my faith. If God gives me a no answer will I still follow Him? God is still teaching me a lot about faith.

Lord I do believe in You. Help me over come my unbelief.









No comments:


 

Free Blog Counter