Thursday, February 7, 2008

Messenging



Are there any rules or etiquettes in using YM or MSN? Sometime ago a person got mad at me for not responding to the message sent to me. To be honest I was busy and forgot to reply. So are there any unspoken rule?

If I'm online, it doesn't mean that I'm always on my computer just waiting for someone to chat with me. I sometimes just leave it on and go do my work.

Well my main reason for staying online is because its free. I mean if you want to tell me something you can just leave me a message and I can get back to you when I can. And we can communicate without additional cost. If you want to text me its gonna cost P1 and for me to text back another P1, so by using this we can communicate for free without any limit to the message.

But it has its disadvantages. Sometimes I understand why some people prefer to go offline. Its hard to concentrate at your work when people want to chat with you. And sorry if I offended some people if I don't chat with them during office hours. Well it is because I don't want to cyberslack. Even if you say that I'm in the family business, I still have responsibilities at my work. I have to use my time wisely in being productive and give a good testimony at my work place.

Some people might say thats why there is a status bar. You can tell people that you can't be bother or your not on your desk. This is my opinion but if you really don't want to be bothered, then stay offline. I believe the busy status means, "I'm doing something right now, but you can leave a message and I'll get back to you if I can."

Btw I tried chatting with 3 people at the same time, but its hard. The most I tried I think is with 7.

/*****/

Its better to get a postpaid line than a prepaid line. Just think about it Prepaid means you pay first before using it. Postpaid is you use it first then pay for it. For postpaid subscribers, you get more advantages and other benefits. Disadvantage: If you don't have self control then your in big trouble.

No comments:


 

Free Blog Counter