Tuesday, August 7, 2007

What is God's will in my life?

The million dollar question that everyone is asking "What is God's will in my life?". Can we really know what God's will for our life is? or do we just live life aimlessly hoping to somehow get lucky in life?

I often ask this question myself. If God has a plan for my life how come He is not revealing it to me? I mean when you open up the Bible, it doesn't tell you what course your going to take? Where you are going to work? What career will God lead me too? Who will I marry? Will I remain here or move somewhere else? How will my life end?

How I wish I had a magic crystal ball where i can see the future and see how things will turn out. Sigh :(

When I think about God's will this verse pops out of my mind. Ok there are better sermons out there about this verse but let me share to you some insights that I learned. BTW pls free to add your comments.

Romans 12:1-2
1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. 2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

So based on these verses we can test and approve what God's will is.
meaning there will be roads in our lives that we have to test and need approving. Not all the roads we encounter, even though it might look ok, will lead us to His will.

But in order for us to test and approve of it we need a transformed mind (just like the Transformers :). We need to have the same mind set as God has. See things thru His eyes. But in order to do that we need worship God by offering our lives.

Some adjectives about His will: good, pleasing and perfect. Good - it will bring us good not harm. It is pleasing to God. And perfect. Yes! everything works out for the good of those who love God! God's perfect timing.

So how are we going to apply it in our lives? Well it can start as simple as doing what God commands like Worship Him, read the Bible, pray for others, share others about Jesus Christ, obey parents, work hard, help each other out, ... I guess its those simple steps that lead us to His will.

In short: You want to know God's will, start obeying Him.

No comments:


 

Free Blog Counter